Accéder au contenu

HighwayToACDC.com

le forum de la communauté francophone AC/DC

On veut voir, on veut voir!

Forum exclusivement dédié à AC/DC. Si vous avez une interrogation sur le groupe, c'est ici !
abel51

On veut voir, on veut voir!

Messagepar abel51 » 12 Sep 2008, 17:27

Un sondage récent au Canada montre qu'AC/DC est le groupe qu'on attend le plus à voir cette année en concert (37%) devant U2 (23%)!

Bonne lecture pour les anglophones!
-----------------

So here we are on the eve of another long weekend, the end of school vacation for the kids and time to think about the change of another season.

It hard to believe we're nearing the end of summer, considering how good the mosquito hunting is at the moment. Honestly, you can't sit in your backyard for more than a few seconds before you're totally covered with the biting little flying beasts.

All things considered, it's been a pretty good summer for Metro Moncton. The Atlanticade Motorcycle Festival and the Atlantic Nationals auto extravaganza drew thousands of participants from all over North America, giving them a chance to sample our famous hospitality. And the Eagles concert on the hill came off as a complete success, even though there are still some issues to be worked out along the lines of transportation, standardization of ticket levels and how to control the mud when it rains on the hill.

Promoters are now promising us that the Magnetic Hill Music Festival will become an annual event and an international event, and that's got the music fans all stirred up.

Everywhere you go, people are talking about the concert and speculating on who might come here next year.

According to a poll by the Times & Transcript's website, Canadaeast.com, Australian power rockers AC/DC are the crowd's favourite choice for next year.

Our website posted the question "Who would you like to see headline the Magnetic Hill Music Festival next year?", and over 37 per cent of the 2,000 who responded voted for AC/DC. Other favourites were U2 (23 per cent), the Dave Matthews Band (13 per cent), Madonna (9.8 per cent) and "other" with 16.5 per cent.

The day before the Eagles concert, Donald K. Donald president André Hudon asked me -- as a journalist with his ear to the ground in this city -- who I thought people would like to see. I told him AC/DC was probably the crowd favourite, along with U2 or Metallica or some other big name act that would be guaranteed to present a really big show at the hill, complete with big sound, big lights and big effects.

Coincidentally, both U2 and AC/DC are releasing new albums this fall which will likely be followed by world tours. My radio buddies Ernie and the Taiter have been playing songs from the new AC/DC album on the morning show this week. And a Facebook page called "Bring AC/DC to Magnetic Hill in 2009" is gaining momentum among Metro Moncton's musical online crowd.

Of course there's no guarantee of who will be coming. It will be up to the promoters to try and find bands who want to come here, and up to the band's management to pick venues and schedule the tour.

So we'll keep our ear to the ground on this and see what happens.

In the meantime, I'd be interested in hearing what kind of lineup people would like to see at the hill in 2009 -- not just headliners, but opening acts as well.

l l l

As summer gives way to school and hockey season, it's also a time for us parents to think about safety on the road. Last year's tragedy in Bathurst was a wakeup call for many people on the issue of snow tires.

As a parent who regularly drives kids to hockey and other sporting events, I put snow tires on the van last year. Good thing, since January and February were terrorized by snow, freezing rain and all kinds of nasty weather.

And with this week's announcement about new rules for the transportation of kids to school sports events, it looks like parents will be pressed into service as taxi drivers more often. So please, make sure your insurance is up to date and your vehicle is ready for the worst possible weather this winter.

It would appear our readers agree with this.

A poll question on Canadaeast.com asked if winter tires should be mandatory for all vehicles in New Brunswick. Only 51 people answered, but 88 per cent of them voted yes.

And for all you people who are going to celebrate the Labour Day weekend with a few cold ones, let someone else drive. I hear the Mounties will be on a serious hunt for drunk drivers Saturday night with check stops all over the place.

If ever there was a time for a designated driver, this is it.

n Alan Cochrane is an editor-at-large with the Times & Transcript. His column appears each Friday. He can be reached by e-mail at cochrana@timestranscript.com.
Que notre ami Angus YOUNG soit ce que le soleil est à l'univers: inébranlable!!

son serviteur, tinous

Retour vers AC/DC